Got Frigidaire dishwasher and it is not starting? Don’t worry as it is fairly easy to troubleshoot it yourself.
In this article, we will share common causes which prevent Frigidaire dishwashers from starting and methods to fix it.
Causes of Frigidaire Dishwasher Not Starting Error
There are several common causes of why Frigidaire dishwasher is not starting.
Before fixing any problem, it is important to know the root cause first so that you won’t waste your time on unnecessary things.
Here are some common reasons why a Frigidaire dishwasher may not start:
- Power Failure
- Kitchen Outlets
- Dishwasher Heater Element is Broken
Methods to Fix Frigidaire Dishwasher Won’t Start Issue
Fortunately, there are multiple methods that you can follow to fix this starting issue on your Frigidaire dishwasher.
Method # 01: Check Power Socket
In the first place, try to unplug and plug back your dishwasher. This is a simple method that may fix this problem without spending any penny.
Method # 02: Replace Power Cord
If you have tried the above method but it doesn’t work for you, then check the power cord from the rear of the dishwasher machine.
You need to check the power cord connection to ensure it is tight. If you find any problem, you should replace its power cord with a new one.
Method # 03: Check if there is Water Running Inside Dishwasher Machine
Sometimes, the Frigidaire dishwasher may not run when there is no water inside it.
So the first thing you should do is check that there are some inches of water inside the dishwasher machine.
If not, then run your dishwasher drain cycle until water starts flowing in from the sink outlet to ensure there is enough water for operation.
Method # 04: Reset Control Board
If your Frigidaire dishwasher won’t turn on, it might have a problem with its control board. To confirm this issue, you can simply follow the steps below:
- Turn OFF your dishwasher and then unplugged its power cord.
- Open its door and check if there is any red LED or other light indicator flashing in front of the control board. If there is no light indicator, the circuit breaker inside it has been tripped and you will have to reset it by pressing its reset button.
- After resetting the control board, you need to plug back your dishwasher and try again.
Other Frigidaire’s Dishwashers Guides
- Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code I30
- Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code I50
- Frigidaire Dishwasher Error Code UO
- Frigidaire Dishwasher Not Drying Dishes
The Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start due to multiple reasons and there are a few methods that you can follow in order to fix the issue:
- Check power socket
- Replace power cord
- Check if water is running inside the dishwasher machine
- Resetting the control board