The display of error code E24 on Siemens Dishwasher is an indication of issues with the water drainage of the machine. It is similar to the error code E22.
Whilst this error is on the display, the users cannot make any button work.
Causes of Error Code E24
- Malfunctioned control panel.
- Clogged filter or the hosepipe.
- Malfunctioning pump.
Fixing the Error Code E24
First of all, you have to restart the machine for almost 15 mins, as the error could have been caused by a glitch in the system. If the error still persists, proceed with the following steps:
- Disassemble the components of the machine related to its drainage system and start cleaning them.
- Start by cleaning the drain filter. In order to access the filter, you have to remove the sprinkler first. Also, check the credibility of the impeller while doing so.
- Next, locate the pump. For this, you will have to flip the machine and remove the side panels.
- Locate the heating element and you will find the pump somewhere near it.
- Disconnect the pump by rotating it in clockwise direction and then pulling it delicately.
- Clean the pump and make sure that it is working properly, or consider replacing it.
Once you have followed these steps, run the dishwasher again and wait for the tank to be filled up. Wait for at least 30 seconds, then open and close the door of the machine.
Hopefully, the error code won’t be displayed now.