If your Siemens Dishwasher is displaying the error code E09, it is probably indicating at an issue with the heating element. The heating element must have overheated or there could be the issue of the short-circuit.
The error code E09 can be caused by short-circuit in one of the connections, or due to the clogging of the filter. A malfunctioning control board or the temperature detector can also cause this issue.
Fixing the E09 Error
As we have gone through the possible causes of this error, we should now take a look at how to fix this issue
- First of all, you should turn off the machine and unplug it from the source.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Check the socket to which the dishwasher was connected with any appliance, to make sure that it isn’t causing this issue.
- Turn on the machine and check if the error persists. If it does, you need to check the heating element.
- Turn the machine off again and unplug it.
- You will find the heating element at the bottom of the machine, after removing the trays out of the machine, you need to take out the bottom panel. There you will see the pump.
- Make sure to take a photo before disconnecting these parts, so you can easily install them later on.
- Once you have located the heating element, check whether its working fine or needs a replacement.
Let us know if you have any question or query.