The error code E15 on Siemens Dishwasher indicates the activation of Aquastop system in the machine. The Aquastop system is activated in the case of overflow of water into the machine.
Other factors like malfunctioning water level sensor, or issues with the hosepipe or the drain filter can also lead to this problem on Siemens dishwashers.
Similarly, usage of excessive detergent is also reported to be one of leading cause of error code e15 on Siemens dishwashers.
Steps to Fix Siemens Dishwasher Error Code E15
The first thing that you need to do is to reset your Siemens dishwasher, as the error might have been caused due to a glitch in the dishwasher system.
If this doesn’t work, then follow the below steps to troubleshoot it:
- Turn off the machine and disconnect it from the mains.
- Pull the machine out, to let the water run out easily.
- Check the tray under the dishwasher. Make sure it is dry.
- Dissemble the lid and the back panel of the machine. This will lead you to the tray and the detergent section.
- Now run a test cycle, but be very careful as the machine is not properly assembled.
- Now analyze where the leakage is taking place and repair/replace the malfunctioning part.
- Also, check the water level sensor (with a multimeter) and its contacts. If it is burnt-out, replace it.