You have every reason to worry when your Bosch dishwasher displays e09 error code as it is connected to serious problem in dishwasher circuitry that should be fixed on immediate basis to avoid any further damage.
Causes of e09 Error Code
Although it occurs seldom, but when it occurs, this error codes requires urgent attention as it indicates problem with Bosch dishwasher heating element.
However, this is not always the case. Your Bosch dishwasher control card may also have some problems that could have resulted in triggering this error code.
If you are wondering what could have resulted in burning the heating element, then please note that it can be due to 2 reasons:
- If the water used by dishwasher is very hard and has very high TDS, then it creates a deposit on the surface of heating element. This, as a result, creates resistance that converts to heat and ultimately result in rapture of heating element.
- Second most common reason is non-cleaning of the drain filter. When the drain filter is not cleaned regularly, the water circulation speed is affected which is directly responsible for overheating the heating element, that can lead to its potential breakdown.
Please note that issue with heating elements on Bosch dishwashers results in error code E22, which can also be easily fixed.
Related Bosch Dishwasher Guide: Fix Bosch Dishwasher Beeping Error
Methods to Fix Error Code E09 on Bosch Dishwashers
Method # 01: Simple Turn Off & ON
Maybe the error is due to communication problem inside the dishwasher, and in that case, it can be easily fixed if you follow the following steps:
- Turn Off your Dishwasher.
- Take its plug out of socket for 30 minutes.
- Connect and turn it ON again.
If the problem is fixed, well and good, otherwise it is almost confirmed that the error is resulted owing from the heating element burning.
Method # 02: Replacement of Heating Element
Before we proceed with steps to replace the Bosch dishwasher heating element, please make sure you have bought the right heating element for your dishwasher.
Bosch Dishwasher Heating Element Cost: Normally, you will be able to get the bosch heating element from $80 to $120.
Step by Step Tutorial
In order to change the heating element, be advised that you will be dismantling your dishwasher, using below mentioned steps:
- First and foremost, disconnect the dishwasher from the power socket.
- Now look for the clips at corner of dishwasher and unscrew them.
- Afterwards, proceed with removal of insulation and then unscrew the other screws.
- Once done, you will be able to open the tub door to pull out the racks.
- Next remove the spray arm and filter.
- Then, you will see the circulation pump. Remove its four screws.
- Next, turn over the dishwasher and unscrew all the screws.
- Remove sump and then disconnect the drain pump wires.
- Once wires are removed, remove the drain pump.
- Now, it is the heater turn. Remove its its clamps and screws that holds it and safely remove the heater.
- Once you have the heater, install the new heating element. Re-install everything in its place in reverse order.
Once everything is re-assembled, turn ON the dishwasher. Hopefully, e09 error code would be gone now.
If you have any question related to replacement of heating element to fix e09 error on Bosch dishwasher, please feel free to get in touch and we will get back to you as soon as possible.